Skip to main content

Words- Think before you Speak

     Words. Permanency. They cannot be returned, and they have been ingrained at a level deep beneath the outer edge. It is a core that has become so scarred, and full of contradiction that it is furthermore unable to carry its' load, nor can it begin to traverse through mangles of toxicity, and in its' confusion begins throwing out the kind nurturing soil it is being given instead. As if it were strangling its own roots that are being fed to regrow its' tender, fragile, delicate state that is so crucial to healing...

     Words can be utter hell. They are the mantras of a dantes inferno that come to meet you in the dark during your worst nightmare, and taunt you to no avail. They tear you down as you have begun to crawl and see a spark of hope. As you begin to finally think that maybe-- just MAYBE you can- and DESERVE to recover- and have a purpose. Those people who tear back that shade, and make you feel so small yet again. As though you have no control over your life, and you must in the process surrender yourself to this unobtainable image, that you will never have, yet long for anyways... that you do not deserve, and never will. That you should strive for, and damn well die trying. 

Their words sting like ice. Like your purple ligaments from the malnourishment of not properly feeding your body. Their words leave you reeling, like when you wonder if you are going to black out, but lie and say you are fine- because you want to push others away, the way you have been pushed away. Been felt to be made as if you were a burden. Undeserving of love. Of care. That you don't deserve it, and that you never will.

You struggle to say I love you because you wonder if you ever truly have been. 

Words can be beautiful-- but they can be the ultimate demise. We are wielders of such fragile things in a potent world.

You are not alone in your battles, and no matter how fierce the storm- and how weak, and numb your body- surrender is never an option.

Your words can be devastation. Please think before you speak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to Live

     I had to go grocery shopping. I came home Sunday night knowing there would be no food in the house for me to eat.  *Disclaimer: I had asked mom to hold off on the shopping- and shout out to her for going with me to learn about my meal planning*      This task, so simple to most, which I've always enjoyed doing had become a cruel game to this heavy loaded mind. A task such as entering a store for three items, left me dissecting labels in the store for hours, often leaving with a different cart than intended, for I wanted the "best" option for my body, all the while I was slowly killing myself. The aisles seemed to rise over me, and close in, while the food choices seemed endless yet so little to choose from. It was the equivalent to feeling like a lab rat in an experiment, or one of those shelter animals that everyone stares at, but feels sorry for. I began hating grocery shopping for it felt as though every person was judging my cart...

No Fat Girls

    Pink Martini was playing in the car when I read "no fat girls." This bumper sticker plastered to the back of this old, worn nissan driven by a man who had been eyeing me as I tread through the parking lot certainly made me want a martini, but I sat behind this man for a solid two minutes at a stoplight of what seemed to last eons, feeling the repulsed state of hatred and anger within myself further manifest.      This is not the first time I have seen this or things such as this either. Unfortunately, it will probably not be the last either. I realize America is a free country, of free speech, and before I go running my mouth- I know just as I have the right to express my outrage, he has the right to express his opinions of sexualized, false manhood, and egocentrical boyhood vain, and shallow desires in the land of unattainable appearances in the complex of what I would furthermore simply describe as- "asshole."       Ok......

Followed in the Night (and turning it around)

     I've learned that the world is full beauty. But from beauty also comes a realm of darkness.       As I arrived home the other evening following a lengthy day including voice lessons, treatment, church choir, and a rehearsal for singing in church on Sunday it was growing late, but I have certainly come home much later before. The rain beat down on the road, and the streetlights dimly lit a path for passerby's. I always keep the car doors locked- not even out of fear, but out of safety and common sense. As I pulled into my spot, I responded to a friend who texted me asking a simple question, and noticed an email from a professor. Midway through reading this I realized that the car that had driven up the street and pulled up just behind me, but partially beside me had been a car parked out in the street with their headlights on for about three minutes by this point. My instincts heightened, and I became uneasy. I know I made a mistake now, but...